English Mastiff Puppies for Sale In South Carolina
All of our English Mastiff Puppies for Sale in South Carolina puppies have been independently screened and certified.
An English Mastiff puppy is for anyone looking for a giant dog breed that is a fantastic addition to families with children. The Mastiff is the definition of the phrase “gentle giant,” having unparalleled patience, lovability, and a passion for keeping their family safe. Even more, they are a relatively low-maintenance breed, being lower in energy levels, highly adaptable, and easy to groom. If you can look past the drool, English Mastiff puppies are the perfect giant breed for you and your family.
South Carolina English Mastiff
About our English Mastiff Puppies for sale in South Carolina
English Mastiff Puppies History
As one of the most ancient canine breeds, the English Mastiff is a descendant of the Molossus, a fearsome war dog who lived 5,000 years ago. Today’s English Mastiffs are related to the Mastiffs bred and raised in medieval England, and they are far more kindhearted and loving with an even temperament.
Due to his imposing size, the Mastiff has been used throughout history as a watchdog and working dog. Unfortunately, during the Roman occupation of the British Isles, this breed was used for fighting in the pits with gladiators; the Mastiff fared no better in England in the 1800s, when the breed was commonly used for dog fighting. Two hundred years ago, the English Mastiff was brought to America and has taken his rightful position as a large but sweet dog who is more a lover than a fighter. Today’s Mastiff is well known for his gentle nature, especially around children.
Top 5 Disadvantages of the English Mastiffs Breed
No breed is suitable for all homes or living situations, and English Mastiffs are no exception to that rule. Here are some potential disadvantages of an English Mastiff, depending on your case or lifestyle.
- English Mastiffs are always excited for a walk or a simple hike, but they aren’t the most energetic dog. If you are looking for an adventure buddy to take on miles and miles of walks regularly, a Mastiff likely isn’t for you.
- Not all landlords will allow a giant breed dog to be added to your lease, so before falling in love with a puppy, it’s best to check with your landlord that they are comfortable with a breed the size of English Mastiffs.
- English Mastiffs are big dogs, and with a big dog comes big dog problems. If a Chihuahua falls off the bed or lands slightly off, they are likely to be okay. If your Mastiff falls off furniture or lands on their leg wrong, their weight can cause some serious damage. We strongly recommend pet insurance if you choose to own a Mastiff, and because of their propensity to experience health problems, purchasing a policy when your Mastiff is a puppy will save you hundreds of dollars in future vet bills.
- While English Mastiffs are excellent dogs for families, some English Mastiff dogs vary in their protective instinct. This breed will protect the family from intruders if untrained, but some English Mastiff dogs are more protective of the family than others. They can also be destructive or aggressive towards other pets or people if not properly trained early on in life, so training is essential to ensure your English Mastiff becomes a well-behaved family member.
- English Mastiff owners need to take care of their dog’s teeth on a regular basis, not only for their own sake but also for the English Mastiff as well. This breed is prone to tooth decay, gingivitis, and oral diseases due to plaque buildup. Caring for your puppy’s teeth requires time and care, so carefully assess whether you have the space in your life to spend some extra moments on keeping your dog’s teeth clean. Additionally, The English Mastiff breed is known for drooling or slobbering, some of which have to do with their physiology and some due to their prevalence of dental problems. If you’re okay with all the drool, just make sure you have plenty of towels around the house for your dog.
Top 5 Advantages of English Mastiffs Puppy Breed
- Massive in size but gentle in heart, English Mastiffs make great family dogs, with a reputation for being patient and loving with young children. It’s easy to look at a giant breed and think the opposite is true, but a Mastiff’s patience and joy are unmatched.
- Though English Mastiffs are known for their guard-dog abilities, they don’t bark excessively. If you hear your Mastiff barking, they are alerting you of something – unlike some breeds that just enjoy hearing the sound of their voice.
- English Mastiffs are easy to groom with their short coats and average shedding, only requiring the occasional bath and brushing.
- English Mastiffs may not be known for their intelligence, but they are quick to learn (which is good news for you, given they can physically do whatever they want). After consistent training, they are quite obedient, so long as they see the point – their stubbornness might prevent them from doing tricks on command if they aren’t feeling up for it.
- Thanks to their calm demeanor, English Mastiffs are very adaptable. They tend to “go with the flow” – so long as their family is good, so are they. Mastiffs are just happy to be involved.
English Mastiff Puppies Colors
Though some colors are certainly more common than others, pricing doesn’t vary across the English Mastiff’s variety of coat colors. The English Mastiff’s primary coat colors are fawn, brindle, and apricot – fawn being the most common (and likely what you imagine when you envision an English Mastiff).
English Mastiff Puppies Pricing
When it comes to any breed, you shouldn’t be looking for the cheapest deal as that could signal poor breeding practices and future health problems. That rule is essential with English Mastiffs, given their massive size (which could mean huge problems if not bred appropriately). Typically, you can find an English Mastiff bred from a reputable breeder for $1000-$2000, with some costing up to $3500 depending on their pedigree.
Our Breeder Qualifications
We only work with breeders who offer a multi-year health guarantee, proof of vet checkups and vaccinations, copies of health tests and results, and the offer to be a source of support as you raise your puppy. Make sure the puppy’s parents are on-premises so you can see your pup’s parents and their personalities and traits, especially around new and strange people.
Look around our website a visit our puppy application process to ensure that there is a fair system in place for the puppy waitlist, as well as a clear explanation of how puppies will be picked and in what order puppies will be adopted.
- Males average a height of 30+ inches, with a weight range of 160-230 lbs.
- Females grow to 27.5+ inches, weighing anywhere from 120-170 lbs.
If you want to experience the lovability of these gentle giants, apply today with Preferable Pups to bring a happy-go-lucky English Mastiff puppy home to your family.
To learn more about the English Mastiff, this video will teach you about this special dog breed:
Need more information about English Mastiff puppies for sale in SC?
We make it simple when you are looking for South Carolina English Mastiff breeders.
Does Preferable Pups have English Mastiff puppies for sale in South Carolina?
Here at Preferable Pups, we work extra hard to only add the best section of English Mastiff dog breeders and puppies in South Carolina. If you are on puppy finder and don’t see a puppy for sale in South Carolina, click “Apply” and we will find one.
How does Preferable Pups screen English Mastiff breeders in South Carolina?
We have 100’s of breeder requests each week. We use PawFax to verify our South Carolina English Mastiff. With only the best breeders allowed in the Preferable Pups community, you have nothing to worry about when looking for your new best friend. Learn about our industry-leading process for screening the health of puppies. How It Works
Do you have English Mastiff puppies for sale near me in South Carolina?
Yes! Preferable Pups is always adding new fully screened and healthy English Mastiff puppies. We have English Mastiff puppies for sale all over South Carolina and the surrounding areas within our Preferable Pups family of breeders. If you’re looking for English Mastiff South Carolina, you came to the right place.
What if the English Mastiff puppy I want is not in South Carolina? Will you ship?
When you search for English Mastiff breeders in South Carolina you will see each breeder has been asked to provide several pieces of information. One of the things we asked them to provide, is travel details. Travel arrangements will be clearly defined in each breeder’s biography. Of course, it’s always best to pick your puppy up in person but if that’s not convenient travel arrangements can most likely be made.
What’s the price of English Mastiff puppies for sale in SC?
There’s no set price for English Mastiff puppies for sale in South Carolina. Pricing is determined by the unique attributes of each particular puppy. These attributes include sex, temperament, coloring, and more importantly, breeder experience. You won’t go wrong using Preferable Pups when looking for South Carolina English Mastiff.